Name:
Location: Canada

In 1998, I left a good life and good friends in Cold Lake, moved to Sparwood, BC and married Ron, who I had almost married in 1971. Unable to get a full-rime job, I'm substitute teaching. Though beautiful country, life here is pretty dull so I look forward to opportunities to get away and this blog lets me share my new life with family and friends.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Days 8&9: Feb. 26/27/06
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Before flying back to winter and snow, we had a day and a half to tour San Juan. I had to twist Ron's arm to see El Morro. He was more fascinated with the history than I was.

A Spanish land and sea defense for San Juan, construction was begun in the mid-1500s and additions and renovations continued for hundreds of years.

That's Ron at the bottom and me beside the cannons.













Then we spent the afternoon strolling around truly beautiful, historic "Old San Juan."
















Alas, all good things must come to an end. It took me eight years to persuade Ron to go on this trip and, yay, he caught the travel bug and is already planning one for 2008.

Farewell, San Juan.



Please visit me again because I'd like to share with you my visit with Trent and Becca in Halifax.

2 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

How come I'm the only one who ever posts comments here? How come? Cause I love Mommy best, that's why. Yeah, Phil, you heard me.

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not true! I tried to post before and then it wouldn't let me because I wasn't registered as a blogger, but now it is allowing me to, so it is ok! I am sorry you are getting cabin fever, mommy, but I really do enjoy all of the postings lately!
-Phil

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home